The Municipality of Lucoli has a vast territory made up of sixteen hamlets sharing the same historical events. The Town Hall is located in the village of Collimento at 956 meters above sea level and 18 km from L'Aquila.
The first sure historical information dates back to the early Middle Ages: the origin of Collimento, whose location seems to be suggested by defensive reasons, is due to the establishment of a small peasant community near the Benedictine Monastery of S. Giovanni built in the IX century.
The village, as evidenced by a document dated 1077 reported by the Antinori, had to be fortified; only a few ruins remain of the ancient castle. At the end of the 13th century Lucoli participated in the foundation of the city of L'Aquila and, together with the nearby Castello di Tornimparte, contributed to the construction of the Fountain of the 99 spouts. The settlements of the various hamlets have remained contained, in extremely modest limits, up to the present day preserving the traditional environmental characteristics deriving from the essentially pastoral imprint of the local economy.
Lucoli is today a sought after and equipped summer resort and winter sports center, especially due to its proximity to Campo Felice, one of the most established ski centers in the province of L'Aquila, equipped with modern ski lifts for skiing. The Piano di Campo Felice also offers cross-country skiers many itineraries of great interest.
Adjacent to the hotel La Vwecchia Miniera, a grass sports field, regular, five-a-side football pitch, indoor gym, internal swimming poolInvia commentiCronologiaSalvateCommunity
